Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuomas Holopainen - A Lifetime Of Adventure


"Try the freedom of an open road"

This is a little different than the usual stuff that I post, but I think it's just perfect for Winter. I'm a huge fan of the symphonic bombast of Finnish band Nightwish. I rated their latest album as my second favorite of 2011 and still play it a lot today. Now, the brains behind the band, Tuomas Holopainen, is about to release his first solo project. It's a concept album based on the graphic novel... wait for it... "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck." No clue. I'm just going to ignore that fact, though, and concentrate on the beautiful music. This track forgoes his usual bombast and ups the symphonic quotient, with a gorgeous guest vocal by Johanna Kurkela. It's the kind of song that draws you in with its lush tranquility, but keeps you with its lasting melody and sheer musicianship.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home