Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Block B - Secret Door


"Let it flow"

Block B is yet another Korean band I've been getting into this year, mostly due to the irresistable H.E.R. this summer and Nillila Mambo from a year back. They're a colorful hip-hop group that, at times, reminds me of a group of carnies or gypsies. This is a good thing, by the way! I used to complain about hip hop all the time, thinking it was a boring, unnecessary violent and immature genre. A lot of that is still true of western hip-hop, but I absolutely love the Korean counterpart. Yes, they emulate a lot of Western elements, but combine them with a sense of experimentalism, high fashion and a willingness to borrow from other genres. Take Block B's latest, for example. Secret Door is from a soundtrack, and could've easily been a throw-away track. Instead, its rock and orchestral elements give the song drive, power and an instant upbeat catchiness. I love that we get a guitar solo! Oh, and while you're investigating Block B, check out their album track Mental Breaker. Sounds a bit like good Swedish pop to me!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the soundtrack here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home