Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

BoA - First Time


While it's been awhile since global superstar BoA has released new music in her native Korea, she's been rattling off single after single in Japan, culminating in her new album, which is ostensibly a best-of compilation with some new tracks. The new single is First Time, and I'm ridiculously addicted to it. It's the kind of track that I loved the very first time I heard it, due to that driving beat and uber-catchy hook. The anthemic production helps as well. I especially like those filtered background vocals that bubble up in the chorus, like a Eurovision choir kept just at bay. I also love when BoA sings in her lower register, where her vocals have an almost gritty sound. The seesaw melody here allows her to do just that, creating a dynamic piece of timeless pop.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

This is in Japanese, not Korean. :/

8:20 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Never said it was, but she's Korean so I file all her music under "K-pop," since I don't have a category for J-pop

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home