Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tove Lo - Timebomb


"You're not the one"

We're all guilty of rushing to snap judgments from time to time when it comes to pop music. I'm no different. In fact, I'm probably worse because I listen to so much music, both for this blog and for my own enjoyment. I knew that Sweden's Tove Lo was tapped as a "next big thing" by many, but I heard her breakout single Habits and deemed it not for me. It probably never will be... I just find it sonically and lyrically uninteresting, and that's fine. It's personal taste. My mistake, though, was painting all her music with the same brush and assuming I didn't need to explore further. Then, Timebomb premiered and shattered that assumption. It's got that building synth and drum production that gives it a big, vital sound. For my taste at least, this is the kind of track that makes me want to investigate what else Tove has to offer. So thank you, Timebomb, for reminding me that an artist is more than one song.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home