Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Billy Idol - Postcards From The Past


"Yesterday is history"

I had no idea that I thirsted for, of all things, a Billy Idol comeback in 2014. And then I heard this track, and instantly wondered why I haven't been pining for this for years. Idol's last studio album was almost a decade ago and, from what I can remember, wasn't all that great. This time, he's enlisted the help of AMAZING producer/writer Trevor Horn. Horn understands how to bring Idol's 80's swagger into the present while still maintaining what made the music awesome in the first place. Also, I very much believe that a whopping 100% of what Horn touches is gold (see his one-two punch of Scissor Sisters and Kylie Minogue albums a few years back). So far, Idol has released two tracks from the upcoming album. Both are excellent, but Postcards From The Past is the one that instantly caught my attention because it sounds very much like his 80's stuff. That chorus! That production! That trademark, sneering voice! If the entire album is this good, then we've got an awesome surprise on our hands.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home