Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Halo - Come On Now


Rookie K-pop boyband Halo have been, in my opinion, underrated this year. They're released two mini-albums of four songs each and, unlike most rookie groups, the quality is consistently great. One thing that I love about them is that, when most of their peers are going down a darker hip-hop route, Halo have stuck to a catchy, upbeat pop sound. Now, I'm a huge fan of the dark hip-hop route, so I'm certainly not bashing that. However, it's nice to have some diversity. Come On Now is basically a retread of Exo's massive Growl, but that's okay because Growl was awesome enough that I wouldn't mind hearing dozens of retreads. Plus, while Come On Now has a similar vibe, it's much more lighthearted and fun. The chorus is ridiculously bouncy and catchy and much more assured than other groups with a similar amount of experience/funding as Halo. Add this to Fever, their debut track a few months ago, and they're on quite an exciting trajectory.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the mini album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home