Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ola Salo - Go On Go On


"My panic has become a dependable friend"

This is the way to start out the new year! After a long wait, Ola Salo (of the Ark fame, as if you didn't know) is finally releasing his solo album this year. Now, I've made peace with the fact that I'll never love his solo work the way I loved the Ark's discography. For instance, I tired of last year's I Got You pretty quickly, while I have listened to the Ark's songs more times than I can count. It's just different. That said, Go On Go On is a pretty nice surprise. While the production is a bit softer, the track shares the sense of bombastic bliss that characterized the best Ark singles. It definitely sounds like the work of an older artist -- more reflective than galvanizing. The lyrics are, of course, outstanding, and the track was co-written with Nicklas Stenemo, who is another longtime legend according to this blog. If the rest of the album is in this vein, I can't wait to hear it.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home