Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Max Elto - Somebody Like You


"I found comfort"

Scandinavia is regaining my attention, and the funny thing is, it's not in the way I'd have expected. Melodifestivalen has always been a reliable source of awesome pop music each February, but this year I've found it very disappointing so far. Something miraculous may come out of the final heat this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. But meanwhile, there have been a string of under-the-radar pop songs trickling out from the region -- most of which from artists who've had little to their name thus far. Max Elto, a Swedish duo, are at the very peak of this winter wave. Some songs just click with me the very first time I hear them. I certainly know what I like, and there are specific styles of production and songwriting that appeal to me instantly. The surging, anthemic 80's dance of Somebody Like You is in that category. I didn't even need to hear the whole track to know that I'd be enthusiastically featuring it today. Keep stuff like this coming, Scandinavia. It's what I love you for!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy their music here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my song of the year so far!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Not a bad choice! It's up there for me, too.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home