Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MyName - Reason



I was vaguely familiar with Kpop group MyName before they released their newest mini-album last week. I had some of their Japanese stuff on my ipod, but never found a song that transformed me into a real fan. And while I like their new single quite a bit, the song that I can't stop playing is actually an album track. Reason, by all accounts, should have been the single. And if hip-hop weren't the newest trend for boy groups, it probably would have been. One listen to that propulsive, anthemic chorus and you know that you're hearing something special. It's really a shame that more people won't end up hearing it. The song itself has some of that Shinee Lucifer-esque breakneck speed in the melody, but it's tied to a much poppier structure and an irresistible electro beat. This year's Melodifestivalen could take a few cues from the incredible catchiness of the chorus, as well!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy their album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home