Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Producer Spotlight: Sweetune


As a pop music aficionado, and a bit of a curator when it comes to my ipod playlists, I realize more and more that songwriting teams and producers are just as important, if not more, as the artists performing songs. Given this, I thought I'd start a new feature that focuses on my absolute favorite behind-the-scenes music creators... songwriters or producers whose name alone gets me psyched for a song.

We'll start with production/songwriting duo Sweetune, who have been active in the Kpop scene for a number of years now. They're most famous for being regular collaborators with Infinite and Kara, and they have an instantly recognizable sound.

Musical Hallmarks: 80's-style synth, propulsive beats, layered, powerful harmonies, 80's pop/rock melodies, prominent use of strings and orchestration, and overall bright, upbeat sound

Best Examples: Any of Infinite's songs, but I'll go with The Chaser and Be Mine as prime examples... also a string of excellent singles from Kpop group Boyfriend, with Janus being the best. For a female fronted song, Kara's Pandora.



Recommended Further Listening: 

INFINITE - She's Back, Nothing's Over, BTD, Man In Love, Last Romeo, Paradise, Can U Smile, Shot, Cover Girl, Julia, 1/3, In The Summer, I Like You, As Good As It Gets, 60 Seconds, Rosinante, Reflex, Memories, Lately, Fantasy, Request 
BOYFRIEND - Love Style, I Yah, Don't Touch My Girl, Little By Little, I'll Be There, One Day, Do, My Lady, On and On
KARA - Lupin, Step, Damaged Lady, Jumping, We're With You
HEO YOUNG SAENG - The Art Of Seduction, Life, Let It Go
9MUSES - Ticket, Gun, News, Figaro, Wild, A Few Good Men
CHOSHINSEI - Meki Love
YAMASHITA TOMOHISA - Candy
JYJ - Only One

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nicholas said...

These songs are awesome! Thanks for alerting us to them.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

No problem! I'm glad you're sharing in my obsession :)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home