Your Ad Here

Friday, May 29, 2015

JJY Band - OMG


There aren't a lot of super mainstream Korean rock groups, so it's refreshing when a song like OMG is released. Ignore its lame title, because the track itself is a blistering, punky bit of pop noise. It helps that frontman Jung Joonyoung is one of the most charismatic rockers in K-Pop. But while I love him, I've never been a big fan of his music. It tends to be a bit slow and plodding for my taste, and unfortunately the new album pretty much follows suit. This single, though, is easily my favorite musical thing that he's done. It's just a blast of energy from start to finish. The hook in particular is one of those catchy, shout-along melodies that would've been featured in an old itunes commercial. It's definitely going on my running playlist!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home