Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Carly Rae Jepsen - Making The Most Of The Night


Though it won't be out in the States until early fall, Carly Rae Jepsen's newest album was released in Japan earlier this week. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention when the first single, I Really Like You, was released. But then I started hearing awesome things about the album as a whole, and I got really excited to check it out. I'm so glad I did. Song for song, the album feels like nothing short of a sugary 80's pop masterpiece. Despite being seventeen tracks long, the consistency of the track's massive hooks is very, very impressive. Chief among them is the transcendent Making the Most of the Night. Even on the first listen, this is the song that stood out most. The ridiculously catchy and uplifting hook is so perfectly produced and performed that it turns into something quite epic. And it gets better the more you listen to it. Best of all, the song itself is just pure positivity. No twerking or "dranking," just unadulterated joy. Whether or not Carly will find widespread success with this album or remain a one-hit-wonder in most people's minds, I'm just glad she was able to release songs like this with the big budget needed to make them really shine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home