Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Wonder Girls - I Feel You


I'm a bit ashamed to admit that, beyond their more obvious singles, I've never really followed Wonder Girls. I know that they're pretty much modern K-Pop legends, but I just never really explored their music before. So, when they announced that they were coming back this year, I didn't really know what to think. Then they announced the fact that they were returning with an 80's synth band concept, and my interest was suddenly piqued. I'm happy to report that the end product is even better than I would have expected. The entire album is incredibly strong and committed to the late 80's sound that their new single, I Feel You, displays so brilliantly. The hook is great, but the verses are what really kill me. I can't tell if the melody/delivery reminds me of a specific late-80's track or every single late-80's track. Either way, it brings up all manner of warm and fuzzy nostalgic feelings. The girls have really hit a home run here. I wish all of their back catalog was 80's inspired!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home